Library Policies and Procedures
VISITING THE LIBRARY
· A PASS IS REQUIRED from your teacher to visit during instructional periods.
· Due to the double lunch periods, A LUNCH PASS IS REQUIRED to visit during lunch.
· A lunch (day pass) can be received from any teacher, administrator, counselor or campus aide. A DAY PASS IS GOOD ONLY FOR THAT DAY.
· A permanent lunch pass can be received from the librarian BEFORE OR AFTER school upon verification of your assigned lunch period.
· Be aware of and adhere to the school's and library’s standards of behavior as posted throughout the library center.
· You must have your student activity (ID) card to check out books.
· You may check out a maximum of 2 books.
· Books may be checked out for a 2 week period (except where indicated) and may be renewed twice, unless there is a hold request on that title.
· A fine of 10 cents per day per book will be charged for all overdue regular books.
· A fine of 25 cents per day will be charged for all overdue reference books.
· You will be charged for any materials lost or damaged while checked out to you.
· You will be charged for any materials damaged while “in library” use.
· A stop clearance will be issued for any student culminating or checking out of Byrd Middle School who has not cleared any outstanding library and or textbook fines.
TO USE THE LIBRARY’S COMPUTERS
· Have proof of an Internet Access Release and AUP signed by your parents on file or you will not be allowed to use the library’s computers for internet research.
· Sign in and out at the circulation desk.
· Submit your student activity (ID) card.
· Wait to be assigned to a computer.